Friday, March 3, 2017

12/13/16 TWO VIEWS THIS MORNING

12/13/16 TWO VIEWS THIS MORNING
(as I listened to the SIREN from an EMERGENCY VEHICLE)

#1 I am sad, as my heart and prayers go out for the people who are going through this difficulty.

#2 I am humbled and thankful, as I realize that God has spared me, my family and friends (yet again) from untold loss and misery, and I give Him praise.

Yes, I give Him praise for His goodness when, "all is well," but I also realize that His goodness is present even when He allows me to suffer, and I hope that I will praise Him in my troubles as well. Even in our trials God is good, God is kind, God is merciful. Still, I am thankful when God chooses to keep me from suffering, pain or loss.

We need to always give Him thanks. Often I have wakened in the morning and thanked Him and Praised Him because He spared me from the "midnight call" of tragedy.

Do not take the kindness and blessings of God lightly. We are not the recipients of blessings by chance. God is actively involved in every minute detail of our lives.

Ephesians 5:20
(20) Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

1 Thessalonians 5:18
(18) In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.